08 June 2008

Our First Hatemeail!

It's taken over two years but I finally received my first ever hatemail.

People likeyou are stuffing up our country and it just makes me angry because it is a really nice country and things you say damage the economy. Take how countries such as Argentina collapsed with people creating negativity. If you are not happy then leave the country and leave it to the people who want to live here and make a difference. I want to try improve peoples lives not destroy them

Beware my words, they have awesome power! I can destroy economies with the utter of a phrase (or blog post)!

Anyway I think our hatemailer has me a bit wrong. I've never said anything negative about the country or it's people, which over the long term I am generally upbeat about. I also have never advocated leaving SA, because frankly Cape Town is a fantastic place to live.

As for me wanting to 'destroy lives', if a reader had decided to hold off buying some overpriced piece of property and rent instead while being a judicious saver and shunned debt (something I have always advocated) he may find his life a bit easier as we head into the next few years of economic turbulence.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think preventing you from saying what you want to say would stuff up the country far more. He doesn't have to subscribe.

Sounds like someone with a house to sell. I can imagine if you pointed and laughed at my house that I'd be a bit cranky. Luckily we're both safe - I'm mostly in cash and waiting :)

Anonymous said...

Hate mail is a sign you're being taken seriously and saying something important.

Have been watching things develop in SA (CT in particular) with interest from over here in the UK, where the writing has been on the wall for ages. Looks like SA's having a far shorter denial phase then we had here.

Keep up the good work.